Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Health Update

Today I had my Ear Nose and Throat Doctor appointment. He put a camera up my nose...could have been painful, but wasn't. He said that all looks great, especially the right side that had the worst of the infection. However, he also told me that the right side is still pulsating, and that my brain is expose as a result of infection eroding the bone. But said that all looks great besides that.

Before my Doctor left the room, I had to thank him for all he had done. My Neurologist even mentioned to me that if my ENT had not done such a great job in draining my sinuses, then things could have been different than they are now. So I was and am thankful for all he has done. I asked him if he had ever seen anything like this before, and he said it is very rare, but he had, and he had seen people fully recover as a result. He also said that this was very serious, and that because of the fact that we caught it when we did, got the right medical attention, and then proceeded to say, "more than that, someone upstairs in on your side."

Hearing a Doctor acknowledge the fact that even with all the medical attention, this was bigger than he was, really blew me away. I left thankful for my Doctor, and then team of Doctor's that I had in the hospital, but I was and am even more thankful to my GOD, who is BIGGER than all this.

There have been so many people praying for me and my family, people that I don't even know, but I firmly believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt that the only reason I'm still alive is because my GOD heard those prayers, and my GOD has a BIG plan. Every day I wake up, I'm thankful that I get to be a part of it.

Violet and I have a verse that we have clung to for our marriage, Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

We are so glad you are doing better. We are still praying for you every day! Can't wait to see you guys soon.