Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are you for real?

Friday was another adventurous day for me as I went to see my Neurologist for our weekly hang out time, and for him to tell me things are going well, or not so well. My day started out well because Friday's are my day with my baby girl, we it was a bummer that she had to come with me to the doctor, but it was great that I was able to experience what happened with her as well.
I handed my doctor my CAT scan that I had done earlier that week, and patiently waited to hear the results. Dr. Kumar, walked in the office, and says "well it's gone!", "Say that again please" I said, "It's gone, the spot that was on your brain is now gone." I was in a little shock, "are you for real?"
Dr. Kumar went on to tell me that the spot had cleared up and was completely gone. He also mentioned that he spot with my infectious disease doctor and they planned to take me off my antibiotics that day, and that they would contact my nurse and she would pull my pick-line out of my arm! I was so excited! On my way back to my car, I was explaining to Riley what had just happened, and I know that she couldn't understand, but someday I'll get to tell her that she was there with me at the doctor's office when they told me that not just that my health had been restored, but that God used those doctors to heal me, and that there where so many people praying for me, and she was a witness to God's goodness, and faithfulness, and that prayer is the most powerful tool we have and it literally changes lives. I'm excited to someday tell her that she was there for that. I get excited to share more opportunities with Riley of how God has worked in our family, friends, and in our personal lives, and to see that impact her...that excites me!

I really want to thank everyone for your prayers and support during this time, I believe with all my heart that the only reason I made it through this crazy situation was because the Lord healed me. Thank you for your MANY PRAYERS, and support for Violet, Riley, and myself. We love you.

4 comments:

Michael Gray said...

WOO-HOO! Praise God for His healing hand! Enjoy Disneyland!

Overflow Blogger said...

That's awesome!

Natalie B. said...

Hey, I don't know you, but I'm a sis in Christ who randomly came across your blog--and am def. praising our Dad for how He's healed you from whatever spot you had on your brain. He is so good, even when such spots show up. So glad you can be rejoicing in this, and sharing about how He's worked in your life!

Stacey said...

I'm am so glad to hear this news! I know we have been praying for all of you. What a neat experience to share with your sweet baby girl!