Thursday, July 17, 2008

Books on my list...

Reading is something that I've had to learn to love. I have to admit that reading to me at times is my "thorn in my side" as Paul would say. I say that because it does not come naturally to me, in fact it is very hard at times, but I love it when I do pick up a good read because I am usually so incredibly challenged that if pushes me to want to read more. Right now I'm reading probably the most personally challenging book that I've ever read, apart from God's Word. The book was recommended to me by a good friend who was mentored by Rob Bell. That alone intrigued me, but was even more my buddy talked about how much this book impacted him and his walk with Christ, so as soon as our meeting was over, I went back to my office and ordered it. The book is called, "the emotionally healthy church", by Pete Scazzero. And I can't recommend it to you more highly. Pick it up and watch your socks get rocked!

Books I'm reading and ones that are on deck...
1. "The Emotionally Healthy Church" by Pete Scazzero
2. "Crazy Love', by Francis Chan
3. "Vintage Jesus", by Mark Discoll
4. "Talent is Never Enough" by John Maxwell

1 comment:

Vicki and Brian said...

Add to your list The Shack by William P Young. Very intense, sometimes hard to get through because of the emotions, but well worth the time.